I've been doubled tagged by two wonderful bloggers to do the meme cinq (five things meme). As I am presently procrastinating and doing a meme seems so much more fun than analyzing market share information. So, let the randomness begin...
1) I am the oldest of FIVE kids. Talk about a good time, people. Imagine my husband's reaction to meeting the Osbourn 5? haha. We are three girls and two boys with the youngest ringing in at 8 years my junior, born in two year intervals. Imagine that growing up... I've always shared a room with someone, share a bathroom, share my toys, the telephone, you get the picture... you would think that I was a champ at sharing? Ha, yeah right. Oldest rules, the others drool... We were close enough in age to have the same friends and far enough so that we were all able to go off to college alone and it be a big deal for each of us. Now that we are all starting our adult lives and moving off to far away places (LA, DC, Seoul, Paris, Lawrence, Ks) it's never been so apparent how much we really miss and love each other.
2) I can pick up tennis balls with my feet and throw them! Yes, this was something I learned in HS while playing varsity tennis. It was a long day of tournament play and hotter than hell. I stripped off my shoes to walk barefoot and let my feet breathe. My teammate asked me to throw her the ball and being too tired to bend over to pick it up, I picked up the ball with my foot and launched it to her. I practice Tae Kwon Do at the time so I was crazy flexible and able to contort my legs to do weird things like throw tennis balls.
3) Monday of this week, I went to sleep at 6:00pm and woke up for work on Tuesday at 9am. 15 hours straight, baby. Beauty sleep is very important to me. :)
4) I can only drink alcohol that has bubbles in it. So, you know what that means... Une coupe de champagne, s 'il vous plait!
5) I love Star Trek. The Captain Kirk years are my favorite. William Shatner... does it get any better than that? And then the Jean-Luc Picard years, yeah I liked those too... can say that I have seen every episode. But not the Captain Janway years and not so much the Captain Archer years, I think that I've grown out of my "Beam me up, Scotty" phase... So, if you know these names, Live long and prosper. Don't know these names, you're just not as nerdy as me.
I'm passing this Meme Cinq on to Reesie Peasie, my xanga homegirl, to Irene the one and only MOMster in Paris, to Sandra, a knitter that I admire, to Anne because she has something drooling under her bed and has to get her mind off it and to Andie because doing something random is always fun!